Hypnotherapy Sessions: What to Expect
Every Hypnotherapist works differently. After years of experience, I have found that this procedure works best for my clients. Sessions are about an hour.
First Session: The initial session, no matter what the issue or purpose is, will always be an intake. Part of the reason is to secure information so I know how to help you. Building a rapport with you, and having you know what to expect with Hypnosis will help make the future sessions more effective. No Hypnosis is done during the intake session.
- You will fill out and sign a short form asking for basic contact and medical information.
- We will discuss the issue you would like to resolve or modify.
- We will discuss your lifestyle, which will help me choose the best methods to help you.
- Together, we will set a goal. I might give some preparation for you do at home.
- In some cases, such as for phobia, fears, panic attacks and stress, I will teach some coping skills.
- I will answer any questions about Hypnotherapy, and explain exactly how I do things and why. This will assure that you don’t waste future sessions wondering if you’re hypnotized, or being nervous. I will dispel any basic myths about Hypnosis.
- We will discuss how many sessions are recommended, and set up the next appointment. Each session after that will include hypnosis.
- I recommend wearing comfortable clothing.
- You will lie back on a soft recliner with your feet up, eyes closed.
- Soft music will be playing in the background.
- I will always explain what I intend to do before I hypnotize, to make sure you are comfortable with the process.
Part I - The Induction. Using words, imagery and instruction, I will induce a trance, and a deep state of mental and physical relaxation. Your conscious mind may or may not hear and remember what I say. Your subconscious mind will retain everything, no matter what. Remember, Hypnosis is NOT sleep.
Part II – The Therapy. Once you are in a comfortable hypnotic state, I will help you resolve the issue. There are many ways to do this, such as guided imagery, direct suggestions, parts therapy, inner child work, age regression, and NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming). In most cases, I will do all the talking, and you will be doing it mentally. You might be asked to nod, take a deep breath, or lift a finger.
Anything discussed in any session is confidential.
Fees are payable at each session. The charge for the intake session will be the same as for each Hypnosis session.
Click here to contact Easy Changes Hypnosis, to receive a brochure, or to request an appointment.